Healing the Heart
A Week of Ayurveda & Yoga with Arun Deva
Healing The Heart, Healing The Mind: An Emotional Intelligence Workshop
With Arun Deva
May 8-10, 2020
Vitalize Community Yoga • Millcreek
$195 early bird (before Apr 10) • $225 at the door
$50 non-refundable deposit holds your early bird spot
final payment due by April 24, 2020
In the Vedic tradition, the heart is the seat of emotions, of prāna and of our intrinsic immunity. It is also the origin of the mind and it is from the heart that the mind as emotions moves towards the brain for intellectual understanding and the gut for instinctive behavior. If we free our emotional seat from the siege of its enemies: fear, anger and grief then the rightful emotions of playfulness, innocence and joy rule supreme once again. It is a journey of remembrance. One we should all take together. Yoga and Āyurveda show us the way to do so.
FRIDAY EVENING – FREE Introduction (open to the public)
- 6:30-8:30pm The Heart as Seat of Mind
- 9:00-10:30am: The Enemies of the Heart: Fear, Anger and Grief
- 11:00am-12:30pm: The Allies of the Heart: Resolve, Patience and Faith
- 12:30-2:00pm: Lunch Break
- 2:00-4;00pm: Understanding Heart Disease Through Ayurveda: Treating Through Yoga
- 4:30-6:00pm: The Qualities of the Heart: Creativity, Innocence and Joy
- 1:00-4:00pm: Practicum: Emotional Intelligence Yoga Practice: Healing The Heart/Healing The Mind
- 4:30-5:00pm: “Heart to Heart Practice” A closing circle
with Arun Deva
Meet one-on-one with master Ayurvedic Practitioner, Arun Deva, to create balance and health naturally.
Monday-Wednesday • May 11-13, 2020
(Friday is sold out)
- $195 initial consult • 75 minutes (this means you have never seen Arun for a consult before)
- $125 followup • 45 minutes
Request Your Ayurvedic Consult
Arun Deva, DASc, AP-NAMA, AYT- NAMA, C-IAYT, E-RYT500, BA (Lit), is a senior āyurvedic practitioner (AP), āyurvedic yoga therapist (AYT-NAMA) and certified teacher of vinyāsa krama yoga in the Krishnamacarya tradition. He has served both the National & State Āyurvedic Associations: NAMA & CAAM since 2004. Currently he chairs NAMA’s Committee for Āyurvedic Yoga Therapy and is a NAMA Board Member. Arun teaches internationally, lectures at Conferences, writes articles for different publications; including peer reviewed Āyurveda Journals, and has been featured on both radio and television. He is director of āyurveda for yoga studies at Loyola Marymount University. Born and raised in India where he began his yogic studies, Arun has made his home in Los Angeles since 1977.
Get on the list to always be in the know on Arun’s trips! We are delighted you are interested in yoga and ayurveda with Arun.