An Introduction to Ayurveda & Establishing a Daily Routine
Saturday, September 29, 2018
InTune Yoga Wellness
Ivory Ridge Clubhouse, 32 E Clubview Lane, Lehi, UT
Cost is $35
Ayurveda has two goals: staying healthy and healing imbalance. This workshop will introduce ayurvedic principles that can do both.
Topics to be covered:
- What is Ayurveda? Ayurveda is a complete medical system from the same origins of yoga. It can heal or manage most all imbalances. Learn how preventative pratices can spare you from excess imbalances (diseases) throughout the aging process.
- Balancing the 20 Gunas Learn how to work with qualites of the universe that exist in food, environment, everything! Use cold to reduce hot, or oily to reduce dry. This is the foundation of treating and preventing imbalance.
- Learn the Doshas – Vata Pitta Kapha Work with the fundamental energies of the universe in your body, mind, foods and lifestyle.
- The Importance of Digestion You aren’t what you eat, you are what you digest. How proper digestion is the foundation of health in ayurveda.
- Creating Balance Through Daily Routine When you sleep, eat, exercise, etc can have a profound effect on your life. Learn proper routines for health and happiness!
If you are passionate about health, nature and perhaps even yoga, this workshop is for you! Register online to receive your registration packet.
Ayurveda Workshop for Yogis
Saturday, August 18, 2018
The Front Climbing Gym
Join special guest Yoga, Sanskrit, and Ayurveda teacher Maria Radloff and our 2018 Yoga Teacher Training crew for a very special Ayurveda workshop on Saturday, August 18th from 1pm – 5pm. This fascinating learning opportunity that will help you reach new levels of health is only a $25 per person!
Ayurveda Workshop for Yoga Therapists
Sunday, July 15, 2018
Inbody Yoga Academy
Maria will be introducing practical Ayurveda for use in every day life, as well as using it as an understanding of working with others. We will look at the 10 pairs of qualities, 3 doshas, 3 gunas, 6 tastes, agni/ama and dinacharya. We will look at where ayurveda comes from, including the 24 tattvas and how it connects to yoga. We will look at simple ways to balance things like dryness, heat, heaviness, and other qualities that can get easily get aggravated. We will spend time working on eating, food choices/menus, spices, daily routine, exercise, yoga practices, sleep, and how we can bring this all together in our already busy lives.
Saturday, June 23, 2018
Electric Park, Thanksgiving Point
10am Ayurveda – The Art of Daily Habits
Let’s take a look at daily routine and habitual patterns. Ayurveda brings us back to the natural rhythms of nature. Sometimes we may not realize that there are patterns in our life that could eventually lead to imbalance and disease. We will examine our daily lives and the things we do on a regular basis and see if we can reconstruct some of those things to lead us into health and balance…and vitality and happiness!
11am Sanskrit and Chant for Yogis
Learn the language of yoga! To understand yoga, one needs to understand it’s language. Together we’ll learn the sounds of the alphabet so that no matter what Sanskrit word or phrase you see, you’ll be able to pronounce it correctly. Why is that important? Sanskrit is a vibrational language and the meaning is carried in the sound. If you enjoy chanting or learning about the philosophy of yoga, it is important to know the correct sounds. We will also do some chants in Sanskrit to practice using the sounds. Studying Sanskrit brightens the mind. Come feel the effects of this powerful language!
Introduction to Ayurveda
Friday, June 8, 2018
Centered City Yoga
Ayurveda Heals. Most everybody is suffering from imbalance…in ayurveda we look to see what is causing that imbalance, and then we try to eliminate it so it doesn’t continue coming back. There are many simple tips for lifestyle and diet that will offer you more balance, vitality, health and happiness! Learn where ayurveda comes from, how it works and how it can change your life! Ayurveda is a real science from India that trained doctors heal people with every day, sometimes miraculously! If you love yoga, you will LOVE ayurveda!